Monday, October 1, 2007

Limited Atonement

The L in TULIP

Let me give you a brief overview of Limited Atonement.
Limited Atonement means that Christ died only for the elect. Christ's atonement was limited in the sense that Christ suffered and died for his people which are the elect.
In John 6:44 it says, "No man is able to come to Christ except that the Father draws him."
No, person can accept Christ if he has not been predestined, he has to be called by the Father as one of the elect
John 10:14-15, "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me... and I lay down my life for the sheep ."
In this verse Christ is pointing out that he knows his sheep which are the elect and he came and died for them so that they might be saved.Christ came and died for his sheep; Christ's atonement was limited only in extent, not in power but according to the sovereign will of God .
So, you either believe that Christ's work on the cross was limited in its power which means it was not powerful enough to save everyone but only make it possible for people to be saved. It's power is limited in the sense that it won't save any one until they accept it.
Or you believe that it was limited in its extent which means it was not intended for everyone but only those whom he predestined.


This is what I had to talk about at church. Each one of us Omnibus kids did a letter of the Tulip. I had l as you can see:) Okay, bye:)

-Destiny

1 comment:

Grandma of Many said...

Thanks for your part of TULIP. You did a great job and I am enjoying reading them.

Love,

Grandma Dot