Saturday, February 9, 2008

This painting is beautiful!





When I look at this picture I am drawn into it and I feel the hurt that this mother must be feeling. She has a little girl on her lap who looks sick and helpless. They don’t look very wealthy and probably don’t have much food. Perhaps it is very cold out and maybe the mother and daughter don’t have much heat and are barely making it through the winter with rags as their clothing. I can’t help but feel sorry for them and want to help them. I’m in suspense whether or not the little girl is going to be all right.
The painter did an extraordinary job on the painting. The colors make the painting come to life and the viewers are in awe of what is happening. The painting is beautiful!

This is a thing we had to do in Omnibus. Each one of us kids had to find a picture and sort of do what I did with this picture. It was pretty fun!

-Destiny

4 comments:

Donna said...

Very nice!!! What made you want to do that painting? If it were me i woulda chosen some sort of war painting.
drew

Destiny said...

Well, I did this one because... I don't really know why:D I just liked the picture I guess:0)
-Destiny

Donna said...

Well, liking the subject makes the paper a whole lot easier, I still think you shoulda done something more dramatic.
jk
drew

Grandma of Many said...

Very well done Destiny. I love that picture to and your anaology was great. Love you, Grandma Dot